Dr. Erhart A. Rumreich
- Born: December 9, 1887 in Pisek
- Married: September 1911
- Died: November 26, 1946, buried in Mahnomen, MN
- Occupation: medical doctor and surgeon
- Received his degree in medicine at the University of Minnesota
- in 1911. Had his first office in his parents' home in Pisek, later
- known as John R. Pavek's house. His first patient was Marie
- Kadlec, now Mrs. Cyril Greicar. Was progressive mayor of Pisek
- in 1913.
- "Doc" as he was known to all, moved to Mahnomen in 1914, where
- he continued his medical practice. He and his wife reared the six
- children of his brother Frank, who passed away in 1922. Their
- mother had died three years earlier.
- Doc served in World War I and was an active member of the
- American Legion. He was a member of St. Michael's Catholic
- Church and served as Grand Knight of the Knights of Columbus
- from 1925 to 1927. Doc was coroner of Mahnomen County from
- 1926 to 1946. He served as secretary of the Mahnomen County
- Fair for sixteen years and is responsible for many of the buildings
- erected there.
- In August of 1937, Doc, along with his wife Stacia, daughter Vivian
- and friends Mr. and Mrs. G.A. Tembrock took a trip by car to the
- West Coast. Read his trip notes here.